Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Truth About Traveling

I feel like so often travel is a glorified concept. Undeniably, it's my passion and I love my life of travel but there are definitely times when travel is hard. There are times, like right now, where we've been waiting around for the past eight hours and it's a blazing 90 degrees outside. There are times when I feel so alone and times when I miss my friends and my family more than anything. And then, there are times when the lack of peanut butter in this continent takes over my thoughts completely and I lie awake just thinking about Adam's crunchy peanut butter.
This is something I put together to honor all the moments of traveling (the good and the bad) and to encompass every aspect as a whole.


travel is talking with strangers on bus rides
travel is walking in pouring rain for days
travel is sleeping in hostels with scorpions
travel is tasting exotic foods
travel is eating buckets of rice and potatoes
travel is trying to cross the road in rush hour
travel is riding a bike in the blazing sun
travel is waiting for hours on end
travel is playing cards all day in the tent
travel is being lost
travel is trusting strangers
travel is getting your things stolen
travel is receiving random acts of kindness
travel is reflecting on what you want to do
travel is falling in love with new places
travel is making lifelong friends
travel is finding a home wherever you are
travel is promoting tolerance
travel is challenging your fears
travel is learning by experience
travel is finding faith in humanity
travel is inspiring yourself to do great
travel is hard
travel is exhausting
travel is intimidating
travel is life changing


No comments:

Post a Comment