Thursday, December 3, 2015

Content in Cusco

From the moment I saw the Andes out of the airplane window, I knew this is exactly the place I wanted to be. For some reason, I have always wanted to go to Peru. It was the country I wanted to see the most when I started to plan my gap year so as I watched the huge snowy mountains out of my window, I was struck with disbelief that I was actually here. I felt nostalgic because the mountains reminded me of home but simultaneously I was overwhelmingly happy and excited. I couldn't stop smiling.


It was a wonderful feeling; the feeing that this is exactly where I want to be right now, this is exactly what I want to be doingIt is one of the best feelings and it has been happening more and more frequently lately. 
My eyes were fixed on the landscape the entire plane ride. We landed in Cusco and the energy of the city just got better and better. Granted I haven't spent much time here yet, I know it's a special place and I am very excited to explore the city throughout the coming weeks.

1 comment:

  1. pops & I loved Cusco...we had great meals and a beautiful ride down to Mauchu Picchu,,,there are some beautiful cathedrals in cusco to tour..also you must take the tour through the scared valley and visit the salt mines...fascinating...let me know if you need any info in that area..love and miss you like crazy,,,granny

    ReplyDelete