Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Into The Clouds

Today I was faced with the difficulty of saying goodbye to my travel companion for the past two weeks, my momma. Departure was hard and left me stuttering and teary-eyed as I attempted to tell the taxi driver where I needed to go. I'm onto the next adventure and seeking a change of scenery for a while. 
Tonight I am staying at a couple's apartment with other teenagers from around the world, like myself, who have taken the year to travel. I couldn't help but smile when I was at the dinner table this evening, exchanging adventurous stories with my new friends. Tomorrow morning I will be taking a taxi to the bus station, going 3.5 hours north to Chontal where a driver is picking me up to continue north. Then I will be meeting a man named Josef, an American ex-pat who owns thousands of acres of cloud forest and runs a conservation program. From there he will put me (and my bag) on donkeys and we will begin the trek up into the mountains. I will be at his nature reserve, la Reserva de los Cedros, for at least three weeks and will most likely not have Internet; so for those of you who read this blog to ensure my safety, have no fear. If you'd like to see where I'll be living for the coming weeks, please follow this link http://reservaloscedros.org/
I'm very excited to see this beautiful place and to disconnect from society for a bit. Until next time! Que les vaya bien


1 comment: