Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Beach Day

Over the weekend I had the chance to go to the coast with Roque and Delsi. It's about a 2.5 hour bus ride from San Isidro to Canoa and it was neat to see the countryside in between- scattered with small rural farms and rolling hills. 
It was a cloudy day but beautiful. The sound of the crashing waves is one that positively innundates your senses and gives off an indescribable sensation of happiness and content. It was wonderful to walk the shore barefoot, sand squishing between my toes. I associate these feelings with memories I have from my childhood.
We ate seafood and ceviche in a small little hut on the edge of the beach, drank fresh cocnut water, swam in the tumbling waves then returned to our small town of San Isidro. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment