Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Adios Reserva Los Cedros

I am now back in the city and have said goodbye to the nature reserve in the cloud forest. Reflecting back on my experience there, I am sad to leave such a peaceful place. As I was laying in bed last night, rather than crickets and frogs, I listened to car horns and sirens. The simple things like this are the ones which I am going to miss the most. After three weeks there, it became a comfortable place for me; the closest thing I have found to home so far. I got used to the unique aspects of life in a cloud forest. 
My volunteer work consisted of setting up trail cameras to monitor the surrounding wildlife, hiking down to the water intake on the hydro to fix our power source (multiple different times), and taking pictures of the birds. The various waterfalls and swimming holes were wonderful ways to spend the afternoons with rare moments of sun. 

Tonight, I have a nine hour bus ride to a city near the coast called San Isidro. There, I will volunteer on a small farm with a local family and participate in a home-stay cultural exchange for about two weeks. I'm not entirely sure what to expect but I'm excited for this next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment